Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yoga: cheaper than therapy + added benefits of tight butt

Congrats on your growing ability to do more floating and less thrashing as you cascade down the stream of consciousness. I think you're finally understanding that a little bit of chaos isn't a sign that everything's falling apart forever omigod the entire planet's crashing and evil is in ascension . . . but rather that a healthy amount of bewildering unpredictability keeps things fresh and clean. My advice is to learn to relax even more as you glide with serene amusement through the bubbling and churning waters of life.Courtesy of Rob Brezsny


Today I woke up sore. Still. Mega sore. My ass and thighs have made it difficult to walk at times the past couple of days. So, of course, I automatically skip my am yoga. Then as the day went on, I started to make all sorts of excuses to myself about not going to yoga at all today. "I hurt." "I have a flight tonight, I should really pack and get ready." "I'd rather watch a movie on netflix and waste an hour (two) on Facebook."

I go to class. I head to a mixed level 4:00 to a teacher whom I've never been to before. I recognize her and about halfway through the class I realize from where. A couple of years ago I went to an Immersion Week Workshop with Noah Mazé and this woman was next to me in class and really helped me out with my headstands. Super nice lady. Anyways, her class was awesome, and I got super deep work in with my urdhva dhanurasana. Nothing beats the high of opening your heart the world!

I feel wonderful now, and I knew that if I just got on the mat - I would. Yoga makes me so happy I'ma gonna cry.

Side note, I registered for an Inversion Workshop coming up soon with Noah. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment