Thursday, February 18, 2010

the biz of yoga...

I picked up a Yoga Journal at the airport on my way back to LA Tuesday (after one missed and one cancelled flight left me missing the first night of Noah Maze's Inversion Workshop) and read it on the plane. Actually, I didn't really read much in it - Maybe I really haven't looked at one for years since the time I read some article which was basically a great free ad for Yoga Works, a company, which, quite frankly disturbs me, run by a man, who, disturbs me even more. Anyways, the entire magazine was filled with weight loss drug ads. Awesome. It's clear that the knowledge, "Eat less, Move more" doesn't mean shit as far as ad-revenue is concerned. I can't believe I spent $6 for a packet of ads that looked eerily similar to any of your average low self-esteem lady mags out there. Next time, I'll just stick with Mother Jones magazine and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment